Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Brazil(Donovan) and Argentina(Wade)
Brazil(Meridan) and Greenland(Hunter)
Brazil(Ryan) and Greece(Reece)
Chili(Kaylie) and Spain(Casey)
Cuba(Maya) and Mongolia(Tristan)
Egypt(Chris) and Australia(Lauren)
Egypt(Kyler) and Australia(Dylan)
France(Tyler) and Cuba(Riley)
Germany(Caden) and Jamaica(Avery)
Germany(Joey) and Iran(Caden) and Greenland(Kaleb)
India(Dylan) and China(Shae)
Indonesia(Dalton) and Venezuela(Chris)
Italy(Maia) and India(Luke)
Mexico(Aaron) and Ireland(Brooke)
Mexico(Lexa) and Chad(Lincoln)
Poland(Dustin) and Canada(Aiden)
Russia(Katrina) and Brazil(Shea)
South Africa(Arica) and Viet Nam(Nathan)
Tanzania(Ethan) and France(Chaney)
Add "All Pages"
“Lets Compare Our Countries”
Third Grade Collaborative Country Projects
The students will choose a country that interests them. They will be paired with another student with a different country. Not only will students be researching their country, each pair will also compare and constrast the two as well.
We will research the countries using various sites (check out the 3rd Grade Symbaloo below) such as CultureGrams and Britannica.
Students will also use eBooks within MackinVIA and books we have in our library collection.
We will be using this Wiki to store and share our country research and projects. Each pair of students have their own page on the wiki. This is where they will also compare and constrast their two countries as well.
The majority of this work will be completed in school.....within the classroom and library.
From the research that you do and the information that you gather together in this wiki, each pair will create an online newsletter within the Web 2.0 tool,
The students will be given a detailed story board to fill out before they create their Smore. This will guide them through the requirments and expectations of the project. They will also be given a rubric before they start their Smore.
Students will also be using their KidBlogs to post and connect with others throughout the project too. More to come on this.....Mrs. Miller is connecting with other schools as we go.
Please let Mrs. Volk or Mrs. Miller if you have any questions. We will be happy to help you anytime.
1. Students will research a country of their choice.
2. Students will use databases, online encyclopedia, eBooks, and print resources for their research.
3. Students will compare and contrast their country with a classmate and their country.
4. Students will record their research within the "Van Meter Third Grade Country Project Wiki" with their partner on their assigned page.
5. Students will create a Smore, an online Web 2.0 newsletter tool, about their country. They will choose at least 4- topics from their wiki research to include within their Smore, along with images to represent their information.
6. Students will share their Smore with classmates, the school community, and globally online on their KidBlogs. The Smore's will also be put together in the wiki to be view as a whole too.
3.RIT.5 Use text features and search tools to locate information.
3.RIT.7 Use information gained from illustrations and words in a text
3.RIT.10 Read and comprehend informational texts
3.W.6 with guidance and support use technology to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others.
3.W.7 Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.
3.W.8 recall information from experiences or gather information from print and digital sources, take brief notes on sources and sort evidence into provided categories.
3.SL.1 engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"